Stepping Stone Foundation

What is it?

The Stepping Stone Foundation started in May 2016 by Madison, WI  husband and wife team Monty Schmidt & Pamela Wilson. The Stepping Stone Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) Non Profit Organization. 

For more details about visit SteppingStone.Foundation

The purpose of the fund is to raise money and awareness for cancer patients who are struggling financially with everyday expenses as a result of their cancer treatment. We will work directly with other charities who are patient facing who will immediately and directly distribute funds. Initially we will work with the UW Carbone Cancer Center/ Breast Center.

The Story Behind Stepping Stone Foundation

During the course of Pamela’s breast cancer treatment in 2015 at the UW Hospital and Cancer Clinics, she met many people going through the same thing as her, yet with the added stress of not being able to pay their bills because of their treatment. With the long and arduous treatments such as chemo and radiation, many patients struggled to pay for their gas to the hospital, had lost wages, child care expenses and in some cases lost their jobs. Pamela listened to these recurring stories, discussed with Monty, and they both agreed they could do something to help. They met with the team at UW and from there the Stepping Stone Foundation was born.

The fundraising goal is to raise $50,000 a year, each year through local fundraising efforts and through individual donations.

Our other goal is to have over 90% of funds getting directly to the patients. The other 10% will be towards any fundraising and administrative expenses.

How are funds going to be raised?

Through local Madison, WI fundraising social events, including an annual Fashion Event.

 

Individual Donations can be made and mailed to:

Payable to: Stepping Stone Foundation
Mail to:
Stepping Stone Foundation
104 King St, suite 202
Madison, WI 53703
 You can donate to The Stepping Stone Foundation directly and securely through PayPal here

*A tax deductible receipt will be issued for all donations

To hear about upcoming fundraising events and Fund progress, sign up for weekly email updates

For more information or fundraising collaborations please contact:

Pamela Wilson pamela@pdubxo.com or 608-886-2099

Click here for more information about the UW Carbone Cancer Clinics / Breast Center

 

 

About Me

I'm Pamela, I'm a fashion innovator, poker player and philanthropist

I'm Pamela, I'm a fashion innovator, poker player and philanthropist

I'm recovering from Guillain Barre Syndrome and Breast Cancer, but I'm not letting that hold me back from living my life fully, and helping others.

Social Profiles